The Coopersale Social Institute was founded in 1926 by H.E.J. Camps Esq of Coopersale House.
In recent years the Institute has received donations from the following organisations.
|Epping Forest District Council provided a grant £5,000 towards the cost of replacement windows in 2015. This is in addition to earlier grants of £5000 towards the cost of repairing the roof in 2010, £3,000 to assist with the cost of building the external storeroom and re-decorating of the hall in 1999 and £1,900 towards the cost of a new floor in 2004.|
|The Essex Environment Trust provided a grant of £6,000 towards the cost of repairing the roof in 2010.|
|Epping Town Council provided £500 towards the new roof in 2010, £600 in 2003 towards the cost of replacement front doors and £250 in 1999 to help with the cost of replacement tables.|
|The Essex Commmunity Foundation provided a grant of £1,500 towards the cost of a new floor in 2004.|
|The National Lottery Charities Board provided a grant of £5,000 towards the cost of building a store room in 1999.|
|Wickes Home Improvement Centres provided a grant of £100 to cover the cost of window locks in 2001.|